With the increasing level of anxiety and stress in our lives, people have been facing a tough time while sleeping well. According to a latest survey, occurrence of insomnia has almost doubled up in the United States, during the pandemic months. In our previous blog, we have explained 7 reasons sleep dentists and sleep apnea doctors in Niles help to improve your oral health. However, with the desire of achieving a good night's sleep, people are rampantly consuming sleeping pills, without thinking about its repercussions. How to know if you are using them excessively? What could the long term effects be? Read on to discover them!
Sleeping Medicine Abuse:
If you consume sleeping pills everyday without restraints, it might be an indication of addiction and abuse. This is called Sleeping Medicine Abuse. If you continue the intake regularly, symptoms such as dependence and tolerance can occur.
The Red Flags Which Indicate an Ongoing Abuse Are:
- Treating stress and anxiety using sleeping pills.
- Consumption of extra dose of pills, whenever there is a slightest problem in sleeping.
- Taking sleeping pills during daytime, when one should be alert and active.
- Consuming other sedatives, without proper consultation with a doctor and consuming sleeping pills at the same time.
Our sleep center in Youngstown has listed the above-mentioned points as an early indication of depending on sleeping medicine too frequently.
Symptoms Related to Sleeping Pill Overdose Like:
- Abdominal issues such as constipation, sudden cramps, loss of appetite.
- Highly lethargic behaviour and a clumsy attitude is observed in such situations. The users fail to differentiate between reality and the state of sleepiness.
- The user may experience irregularities in breathing, which might require immediate medical attention sometimes.
In short, often the overdose victim feels too sleepy to do anything or take any precaution.
Consuming lots of sleeping pills may cause life-threatening results. If you are a person suffering from other ailments and have to take medications for that, it's better to consult a doctor for sleep medicine in Youngstown before ingesting sleeping pills. Such compounds include antidepressants and alcohol, mixing up which may cause harmful side effects.
Sleep is an essential factor in everyone's life. It is necessary for conducting day-to-day activities. Remember that there are several safe alternatives that can help you with sleeping issues, without causing any harmful addiction. Our sleep apnea doctors in Youngstown Dr. Charles R. Verbanic is an experienced medical professional for sleep medicine.
Adverse sleep effect in Hudson can be cured by Dr. Charles R. Verbanic. If you are looking for a sleep clinic in Youngstown or live close to Youngstown, Austintown, Girard, Hubbard, Niles, Hudson, or Liberty Township, then Dr. Charles R. Verbanic at Sleep Easy Dental Spa is for your sleep apnea issue. Browse through our website of Sleep Easy Dental Spa to discover more about our services. Dial (330) 759-4550 to arrange for an appointment right away.